There are so many things I love about summer. Prosciutto & Melon is just one of them. I tend to use cantaloupe vs. honeydew, but either works. Since cantaloupe is apparently at its peak ripeness from June through August, I serve it as an appetizer as often as possible during the summer months. The key is to buy good-quality, thinly sliced prosciutto (I either get prosciutto di San Danielle or di Parma). The combo of salty and sweet is to die for, and it's super refreshing on a hot summer day or evening. I serve it as finger food--no forks and knives required, in other words.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, chilled
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Seed cantaloupe, slice into 1/2" pieces and remove rind.
2. Wrap slice of prosciutto around each piece of melon.
3. Add fresh lemon juice and freshly ground pepper and serve.