These crispy-yet-tender potatoes are a staple in my kitchen. I've combined various recipes I've used over the years to come up with the one below. While you can substitute new potatoes or other varieties you might prefer, fingerlings are my favorite. I make them as a side to fish, chicken, red meat--we just had them with lamb burgers last night. I love them with a green salad and a soft cheese like Taleggio, too. For parties, I usually make a large batch and serve them at room temperature. And in our house, we eat these finger-like potatoes with our fingers!
Makes about 4-6 servings, depending on portion size
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place baking sheet inside to heat.
- Toss potatoes and remaining ingredients and transfer to heated baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the outside and just tender on the inside.